Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Trip to Poland

Hey everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while.  But I have been on vacation in Poland.  I have been enjoying a wonderful time off of work and in a faraway place. 

But that really was not the highlight of my trip.  The real reason for going was to visit Maria.

 
 
 
She is this wonderful and amazing woman that I met about a year and a half ago.  Well, I guess I shouldn't say 'met' because we did not 'physically' meet.  She lives in Poland and I live in New Jersey.  So, we first 'met' on a pro-life website (sadly said website is no longer running).  We were both bloggers and became fans of each others' posts.  So we got to know each other and became fast friends because of that.  We read and enjoyed (and even critiqued) each others blog posts about the pro-life movement pretty regularly.
 
Eventually, though, we both started to become attracted to each other.  So much so, in fact, that we realized that we both wanted to be more than just friends.  Obviously, however, there was a little issue we had called distance.  We obviously couldn't exactly see each other face-to-face anytime we felt like it...or could we?
 
After skyping for a bit we worked out a date and a time for Maria to come to the United States.  January of 2013 worked out well.  She would be coming right in time for my birthday and it was during her school break. 
 
This was planned a few months before she would actually arrive (and this was her first visit to the United States,  by the way).  We got to know each other more and more during that time, what our likes and dislikes were, how important our faith was to ourselves, what we wanted and expected from our future, and more.  And we only grew closer as a result.
 
When the time finally came for her to come here, my dad and I picked her up from JFK airport.  She looked beautiful to me, even though she didn't think so (it was understandable; she was just getting done with a 10 hour flight, and was stuck in security for several hours after that).  At long last we finally got to see each other.  We went home holding hands, and we even had our first kiss that very same night.  And it was this night that we decided to officially declare ourselves to be going out.
 
A lot has happened between then and now.  We visited many places, both in the United States and in Poland (I went to Poland the upcoming summer).  We spent a lot of time together, but most of all we got closer to one another.  Most of all, our faith in God has truly helped us to realize the wonderful fruits that are in our relationship.  Her faith truly strengthens mine every day in one way or another, and she truly cares about my salvation.  That, ladies and gentlemen, is woman beyond all imagination and dreaming.
 
So the last couple of weeks I spent in Poland (and a few days in Hungary) with this amazing woman.  We celebrated many things, one of which was our one year anniversary.  Remembering all the amazing times we have had over the past year, as well as how much closer in faith towards God and love towards each other, has helped me to realize just how lucky and blessed I am to have Maria in my life.
 
 

 
Happy Anniversary sweetie.  We really have bonded well over the past year in ways that are so unbelievable.  You truly bring me closer to God in ways that no one else has, and you genuinely care for me and love me, as I you.  I thank God every day for you being in my life.  Thank you Maria for everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment